Shwood does not allow shipping to PO Boxes. Customers listing PO Boxes as their shipping address will be contacted by a Shwood representative to change this to an acceptable address.
Non-RX sunglasses typically ship in 1-5 business days. RX eyewear ships in 5-10 business days due to the additional time needed to create and fit the custom prescription lenses.
Domestic orders are shipped via USPS first class (free) or FedEx (additional cost)
International orders are shipped via FedEx Priority International
Shwood Eyewear warrants products against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year (365 days) from the date of purchase. Shwood Eyewear reserves the right to determine manufacturing defects, and requires proof of purchase from an authorized Shwood dealer to qualify products as warrantable. If a product is deemed defective, Shwood Eyewear will repair or replace the item at no cost to you.
All claims must be submitted directly via the online Warranty Request Form. Do not return your Shwood product to the store. Dealers are not authorized to provide warranty service on Shwood Eyewear products.
The following forms of Proof of Purchase are acceptable for purchases that were made at one of our authorized retailers:
- Your Shwoodshop.com order number.
- Picture or scan of the physical receipt with a visible date of purchase and retailer name.
- Picture of your bank statement with a visible and highlighted purchase date and retailer name.
Items purchased directly from our online store are eligible for returns/exchange. Proof of purchase and original packaging are required for eligibility. Additional billing may be required depending on the nature of your request, in which case a customer service representative will work with you to ensure the completion of your new order. Once received, your new exchange will ship within 1-2 weeks OR you will be issued a refund including a confirmation email of the cancellation of your order.
Please note that the return/exchange policy is different for sun and Rx eyewear.
Rx Eyewear Returns/Exchanges:
- Returns must be in brand new condition, with original packaging and proof of purchase.
- Returns must be postmarked for return within 7 days of the original delivery to you.
- A $40 re-stocking fee will be deducted from your refund to cover all lab costs.
- For exchanges or prescription changes, please contact email@example.com for immediate assistance.
Sun (non-Rx) Eyewear Returns/Exchanges:
- Returns must be in brand new condition, with original packaging and proof of purchase.
- Returns must be postmarked for return within 30 days of the original delivery to you.
- For inquiries regarding an exchange, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate assistance.
Custom Engraved eyewear cannot be returned.
Please understand that no two pieces of wood are identical. Therefore, no two pairs of Shwood wooden sunglasses will be exactly alike. Product photos on this website should be used solely as a guide to what a product will resemble, not as an exact representation. Minute differences should be expected in each product’s construction, as minor deviations are inherent to Shwood’s handcrafted manufacturing process. Fortunately, Shwood’s one-by-one product construction guarantees individual attention to detail and quality assurance in every pair of eyewear to leave the wood shop.
Shwood is not responsible for any actions taken by the customs or the chosen package delivery service. Shwood has NO control over this. The customer is responsible for any customs charges that may be applied to the shipment. Customs determines these charges and Shwood has no way of knowing what these charges may be.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
How do we use the information gathered?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
TO SEND PERIODIC E-MAILS
The e-mail address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional Shwood Eyewear news, updates, promotions, related product information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail.
How do we protect your information?
We implement security measures that meet or exceed current federal standards to protect the safety of your personal information when you place an order or submit your personal information on our website, but please be aware that no system of transmitting data over the internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. We process orders via Spree Commerce which allows us to use the information collected for the purposes of product provision, billing, identification and authentication, service improvement, contact, and research.
How are cookies used?
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. However, this does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing service to our customers, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, we may include links to third-party sites on our website. These sites have separate and independent privacy policies and we therefore hold no responsibility or liability for the content and activity of these linked sites.
Nice catch! There is, indeed, a difference between the two. Our Rx “All-Wood” models include our patent-pending “Super-Groove”. This adds extra strength and stability that is necessary for Prescription lenses, as each pair of lenses may be a different size.
Please do not attempt to put prescription lenses in your Shwood Original or Select frames, as they will likely break and we will not be able to offer warranty services on them.
You will need a valid and non-expired prescription or your doctor’s contact information. You will also need to know your pupillary distance (PD) which is not always noted on prescriptions. The PD is the distance between your pupils measured in millimeters. Your doctor should have that information on file. Your local optical shop should also be able to measure your PD for you for a small fee. You can even measure your PD yourself if you like - just follow the instructions found while adding a prescription to your Shwood frames (Look for "How do I measure my PD?").
You have a few different options if you are unsure what your prescription is:
If you are able to locate your prescription, you may take a picture or photocopy of it and send it in along with your order. We can, at that point enter your information into the order form for you.
If you cannot locate your prescription, you can still complete your order and give us the rest of the required information at a later time. This way we can start working on your frame right away.
If you are unable to locate your prescription, you can opt for our “call my doctor” option. We will get in touch with your doctor and retrieve your prescription for you. Please note that this option will take additional time.
We, currently, only offer Single Vision lenses (SV).
Most likely, your doctor has recommended a certain type lens and we encourage you to listen to your doctor! When ordering your Shwood eyeglasses you will, however, have the following lens options:
- SV Polycarbonate
- SV High Index
- SV Sun Polycarbonate (Polarized)
- SV Sun High Index (Polarized)
In addition, you can add Anti-Reflective (AR) Coating to you lens selection. We strongly encourage choosing our anti-reflective coating if your prescription is stronger than +/- 2.00 in at least one eye.
Those are a lot of options! What the difference between them all?
We have two different materials to choose from and each type has their own advantages.
- Polycarbonate is very impact resistant and is your least expensive option.
- High Index is a material that is thinner and lighter than Polycarbonate. This helps avoid the "Coke-bottle lens" effect with stronger prescriptions. We recommend HI lenses if your sphere value exceeds -4.00 or +2.00 or the combined sphere and cylinder value exceeds -4.00 or +2.00.
Depending on model, the limit on prescription strength is as follows:
Sphere: -6.00 to +3.00
Cylinder (Astigmatism): -2.00 to +2.00
Axis: 1 to 180
PD (Pupillary distance): 50-75
The combined sphere and cylinder powers should not be over -6.00
Acetate & Titanium Frames:
Sphere: -8.00 to +4.00
Cylinder (Astigmatism): -2.00 to +2.00
Axis: 1 to 180
PD (Pupillary distance): 50-75
The combined sphere and cylinder powers should not be over -8.00
We do offer all of our Rx frames with reading lenses in the following strengths:
To purchase reading glasses, select "Rx" lenses on an Rx product page. When you click "Add Prescription, you will be presented with the option to select "Reading" lenses.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Shwood Holiday Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the online sweepstakes page. The sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Shwood Eyewear (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Shwood Eyewear, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about 11/15/2015 and ending 11/30/2015. All online entries must be received by 11/30/2015 11:59PM PST.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Sweepstakes site. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Shwood Eyewear. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Shwood Eyewear.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive:
8 pairs of socks from Stance
2 Little America packs and 2 backpacks from Herschel Supply
2 Rives & Lakes tees, 2 "B" caps from Bridge & Burn
2 Travel Wallets, 2 sets small notebooks from Tanner Goods
2 Knives from James Brand
2 Camera Straps from Wood & Faulk
2 Key Rings from Grovemade
2 custom Moleskine covers from Engrave Goods
2 beach towels from Woolrich Inc.
2 Eugene Marquetry sunglasses from Shwood Eyewear
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Shwood Eyewear to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Shwood Eyewear shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Shwood Eyewear, anyone acting on behalf of Shwood Eyewear, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Shwood Eyewear reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Shwood Eyewear may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Shwood Eyewear. Shwood Eyewear reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Shwood Eyewear has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Shwood Eyewear reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Shwood Eyewear, Herschel Supply, Stance, Bridge and Burn, Tanner Goods, The James Brand, Wood & Faulk, Grovemade, Engrave Goods, and Woolrich Inc. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Shwood Eyewear and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF OREGON, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Oregon having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Shwood Eyewear, 2136 SE 7th Ave, Portland, OR 97214 USA. Requests must be received no later than 12/30/2015.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Shwood Eyewear, 2136 SE 7th Ave, Portland, OR 97214 USA.